Davis Square Farmers Market
We have set up a a safe, social distancing farmers market this season so you can shop with a peace of mind. You can help! Learn more below.
Sign up to receive market updates by texting "DAVIS" to 833-409-0774.
For the latest market information, follow us on Facebook, Instagram or check our website.
What you can expect at the market:
- There will be one entrance & one exit at the market.
- Capacity and social distancing of 6-ft apart will be actively regulated and enforced by staff.
- All vendors and market staff will be wearing their masks and gloves and practicing proper sanitizing protocols.
- You will also be required to wear a mask at all times & wash your hands at the entrance.
- Vendor booths will be set up to follow COVID-19 health and safety rules. This means no touching products until payments are made.
- No reusable bags will be handled by the vendors or staff.
- Be prepared. Bring your shopping list. Shop alone if possible.
- Only a certain number of shoppers will be allowed into the market at any given time. Thank you for reserving your time slot in advance.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel your reservation using your Eventbrite confirmation email to make room for someone on the waitlist.
The following guidelines are available in English, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese here.
How to shop farmers markets this season safely and responsibly.
Before You Visit:
PACK YOUR FACE MASK. No one will be allowed inside the market without a face mask or face covering. Bring gloves if you have them.
STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK or a member of your family is sick. Shoppers displaying COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed to enter the market. Ask a friend or neighbor to shop for you.
MAKE A SHOPPING LIST so you can shop quickly.
PRE-ORDER with your favorite vendors if the option is available.
SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT. The number of visitors allowed inside the market will be limited. Scheduling your visit in advance will allow you to enter the market quickly.
SPECIAL SHOPPING HOURS. The first 30 minutes of each market will be reserved for shoppers ages 60 or older, with disabilities or are immunocompromised.
CREDIT CARDS AND CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS ARE PREFERRED.
EBT CARDS AND FARMERS MARKET COUPONS WILL BE ACCEPTED by certified vendors at the market.
NO PETS allowed at the market.
SHOP ALONE IF POSSIBLE to support safe social distancing at the market.
At The Market:
WEAR YOUR FACE MASK OR FACE COVERING AT ALL TIMES.
BE PREPARED TO WAIT even if you have pre-ordered or scheduled your visit. The market may be busy; that’s why it is important to shop quickly.
ONE ENTRANCE & ONE EXIT FOR THE MARKET. Please follow signs to move through the market in one direction only.
WASH YOUR HANDS for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizers when you enter the market.
MAINTAIN 6 FEET OF DISTANCE from shoppers and vendors.
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS posted on signs and comply with requests from vendors and market staff. All are meant to keep you healthy.
DO NOT TOUCH PRODUCTS. Vendors will handle all items for you. Point or tell the vendors what you want to purchase.
VENDORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH REUSABLE BAGS. Vendors will provide bags for your purchase. You may choose to place vendor bags inside your own reusable bags to carry home, but only you should touch your own bags.
NO EATING inside the market.
CONSIDER COMING LATER IN THE DAY when the attendance may be lower. Farmers have plenty of food! Pre-order if you want to make sure to get your favorite products.
BE COURTEOUS to your vendors and other shoppers. We are all doing our best to keep each other safe.
THANK YOUR FARMERS AND FOOD VENDORS! They have worked hard to make sure you can shop safely.
Thank you for supporting your local farmers and farmers markets. Enjoy your local food!
Eat local · Shop local · Love local